Forum spam and new user registration policy

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Carsten
Site Admin
Forum spam and new user registration policy

Post by Carsten » 2006-04-06, 16:12

Hello all,

unfortunately, we're recently seeing an increasing amount of forum spam again. This spam is posted even though the visual confirmation of a random number during the registering dialog is supposed to keep the number of incidents low.

Therefore, I've decided to activate each newly registered user manually for now.

That means that after you have registered, I'll automatically receive an email and will then activate your account manually (unless you try to sell unmoral, offensive or illegal things of course ;) ).

It also means that there will be a delay between your registration application and the activation of your account. I'm very sorry about this inconvenience, and will try to activate all accounts as soon as possible.
Last edited by Carsten on 2006-04-10, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2006-04-10, 16:34

UPDATE:

User registration policy has just been reverted to normal operation. That is, user accounts are activated by automatic confirmation email again.
However, the CAPTCHA (visual confirmation) system has been replaced by a newer and stronger variant.

Time will tell if that keeps the bots out (for a while...).
Best regards,
Carsten