Its very quiet around here.

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
reddwarf
Its very quiet around here.

Post by reddwarf » 2006-12-02, 23:14

Hi...just wondering whats happening. No one has left any messages for a long time now?????

byeeee
If you're my friend, follow me 'round the bend.
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2006-12-03, 11:42

Hi reddwarf,

welcome to the Ca3DE forums!
Well - you're of course right, it's currently very quiet in the forums. However, that is no need for concern, and has multiple causes:
  • The next demo, which will feature a first release of the Ca3DE TechDemo, is discussed in closed, non-public forums. This is because it used to use some proprietary contents (e.g. textures) that have to 90% but not yet to 100% been replaced. I expect to reach 100% replacement somewhen in December. 2006, that is. ;) As soon as this issue is resolved, I'll close the private forums again, and then all participants will be forced to post their message to the regular forums again.
  • Recently, a lot of the talk has been done in the #ca3de IRC channel, so everyone is lazy to repeat everything in the forums.
  • Wrt. myself, I'm so busy about implementing new features that I usually fail to post a note about them somewhere...
  • The last demo is from October 2005, so it is quite natural that everyone waits for the new one... :cheesy:
I will post a message about the latest progress and developments later today. Planned to do that anyway, but again, improving the code took precedence again...
Best regards,
Carsten
reddwarf

Post by reddwarf » 2006-12-04, 01:28

Hi Carsten,
thanks for the update. I've been watching this site for more than a year, I used to be registered on the last forum software you were using before returning back to current system. Although I only left a couple of messages.

Really looking forward to the TechDemon.

byeeeee
If you're my friend, follow me 'round the bend.