multiplayer

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2004-10-04, 23:29

Shadow wrote:i think im just stupid or something...
No, certainly not. ;) It's just a fact that networks, routers, port-forwarding etc. are all inherently complex and require a lot of effort to be configured and dealt with. Maybe you'll want to get a good book or two in this regard, as things are probably too complex to be figured out by just the short manuals that come with routers etc.
but for port forwarding it asks 4 a range of ports? should i just do 30000-30000 or what?
Sorry, I don't know. This is something that you should probably ask your Router support service, or network support groups, as Routers and Firewalls and their setups are on the one hand principally identical, but the details vary widely. And as you have not provided any details about your network, your hardware, or anything else, I can only guess.
But yes, I'd even try an even broader range for forwarding, e.g. from 29000 to 34000. You can reduce it later when it works.
and to figure out my local ip to forward the port to will looking at the active connections on the router work? cause im having trouble finding it
Depends on how your local computer receives its IP.
Some use DHCP for allocating each computer of a network an IP automatically. Often the router also contains a DHCP server that provides that service.
Or you have assigned IPs to all computers in your LAN manually (this is the old, less comfortable hand-work method). But if you had, you knew the IP of course. Nonetheless, I'd recommend for small home LANs to not use DHCP but rather assign IPs by hand. This is how I do it in my own LAN, and it works very well.

Btw, I use this router for my own LAN: http://www.fli4l.de/e_index.htm
An excellent ressource and router, there is also some background material, but unfortunately not everything of the docs is in English.
Best regards,
Carsten
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-06, 22:31

my router uses dhcp serving... i will figure it out... i got my webserver to work, just took a long TIME!
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2004-10-06, 22:55

Nice to hear that. Good luck!
Please let us know how it turned out.
Oh, and please continue to ask if you have questions - just include enough detail for us to be able to help you. ;)
Best regards,
Carsten
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-07, 00:42

can do!
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!