Which Game?!?

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Shadow
Which Game?!?

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-02, 18:46

hey im trying to figure out what game idea of mine i should run with...
they are both online fps games so perfect for this engine. but one is a futuristic deathmatch game and the other is a paintball game. i dont know how many of you play paintball but i love it and play in class AA amatuer league. currently there is only 1 paintball game for PC and that is a halflife mod. i want to make a standalone game so i chose this engine. the futuristic game is at http://www.seigelords.com/Hiethan and i dont have a site for the paintball one yet... i was just wondering what you guys think would be easier/more fun.
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Which Game?!?

Post by Carsten » 2004-10-02, 23:55

Shadow wrote:currently there is only 1 paintball game for PC and that is a halflife mod.
Could you please explain in greater detail what "Paintball" is? I guess I know, but just want to make sure that we talk about the same thing. ;)
i want to make a standalone game so i chose this engine. the futuristic game is at http://www.seigelords.com/Hiethan
Unfortunately, the screen-shots link there does not work.
i was just wondering what you guys think would be easier/more fun.
If PaintBall is what I think it is, it is probably something different than what people are used to, and it is probably non-violent, which might even be attractive for (the parents of) the youngest. ;)
Best regards,
Carsten
Kai

Post by Kai » 2004-10-03, 01:37

Unfortunately, the screen-shots link there does not work.
Maybe because the link is a local, referring on the desktop of shadow ? :roll:
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-03, 03:02

the screens link at top works but not the 'new screenshots' link i just checked and its local so i will fix that with the next update of the site
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
scott

Post by scott » 2004-10-03, 05:29

Go with paint ball, the fact that your actually a paintballer means you have the perspective to make the experience more authentic, or you could make it as you fantasy paintball experience.

BTW, great designs on on your site :)

Hey why not make a futuristic paintball?
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-03, 06:42

im looking to make realistic paintball... kinda like socom but paintball.
thanks i like the site to haha.
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-03, 06:44

btw ne1 interested in helping? i have some stuff done already but i need more. preferably sum1 who can code and som1 who can map and maybe sum1 to model

i will get a site for this soon then...
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
me_savage

Post by me_savage » 2004-10-03, 08:25

Well, lucky for you I decided to come take a look at whats up at my fav 3d engine site and guess what i see :D FORUMS!!

I see myself as an excellent level creator, so if you want a mapmaker for your project, then I would be glad to help you. I, as per always :D, would make the maps using Hammer.

Just post a reply, so I can see if you are interested, this would be a sparetime project as my full-time job takes up most of my day :p

oh and Carsten, excellent job with the site, looks spiffie ;)
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2004-10-03, 11:45

me_savage wrote:oh and Carsten, excellent job with the site, looks spiffie ;)
Thanks, but its actually the combined effort of Stromtrooper and Kai, who deserve all the credits for the new website. :)

Btw: We are looking for a very good mapper (Doom3 quality and style) for helping us with the map for the next TechDemo. If you're interested, please let me know. Some screen-shots of some of your maps would be helpful.
(But please don't let that stop you from helping Shadow! ;) )
Best regards,
Carsten
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-03, 19:25

thanks that would be nice savage. most of the maps will be just arranging prefabs and such since most fields are just flat fields with bunkers all over. contact info?
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
Advis

Post by Advis » 2004-10-05, 11:12

If your making a paintball game I'd be wiling to lend a hand, it would be in the map department :D. If I can get to grips with making models I could possibly do that but don't count on it...
Joseph Scott - Digital Effect & Theory Team Leader.
Firefax

RL help

Post by Firefax » 2004-10-05, 17:12

If you want to verify your reallife experiences in playing paintball, i would like to join a match. 8)
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-06, 22:26

haha where u live? and what kinda gun you got?
thanks advis i will let you know
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2004-10-06, 23:04

Just something for clarification (Firefax really wrote X§"&H§(!X english, and did not bother to elaborate):
He meant if you happen to be geographically close, he wanted to join you for a game of PaintBall in the physical world. It seems that there are *real* arenas where you can meet in person, everyone gets a tankard of paint (and a pistol that takes that paint as ammo), and then the game is played for real. :-) I've never been in any of such arenas, though. Just speculation. ;)
Best regards,
Carsten
Shadow

Post by Shadow » 2004-10-07, 00:41

yes i understood that but thanks.
there are such places cause i happen to own one! haha
it gets much more complicated than that tho as you will see once i get some screens on my site that is nearing completion. question remains where do you live and what type of gun do you have.
PBX CONTINUES!!!
CLICK HERE!!