Short sneak preview on GuiSys improvements

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Carsten
Site Admin
Short sneak preview on GuiSys improvements

Post by Carsten » 2008-07-14, 15:35

For the upcoming release, besides the new features mentioned in this news item, also the enhancements to the GuiSys make great progress. The new code and GUI scripts will soon be ready to replace the old Options dialog entirely.

Here is a sneak preview on how it will look like, this is the dialog that opens after the user clicked the "New Game" button in the bottom left corner:
PreviewGuiSys-NewGame.jpg
What do you think? :cheesy:
The current plan is to upload an RC1 on Friday this week, and release the final 8.08 version shortly before August 1st. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
scott

Re: Short sneak preview on GuiSys improvements

Post by scott » 2008-07-15, 09:22

Ahhh yesssss! :twisted: this is looking great indeed.
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Short sneak preview on GuiSys improvements

Post by Carsten » 2008-07-17, 08:32

:thx:, I think so, too. The entire Main Menu is scripted in the new .cgui Lua scripts, including for example the dynamic detection of the available maps and models. As the GuiEditor that we are planning to add to CaWE is not yet ready, I wrote all the scripts by hand, but they are so easy to understand and follow that editing them manually is easy at any time and you never get lost in the details.

Besides the map preview shown in the above "New Game" dialog, the "Join Online Game" and "Host Server Game" dialogs will feature a nice player model preview. The model previews were just finished yesterday and are the actual animated 3D models (not prerendered images), but I'll save the screenshots of those for the News item for the upcoming release. ;-) (You'll of course see them in the Release-Candidate uploads that I'll bring online soon.)
Best regards,
Carsten