Linux Ubuntu 9.04 SVN Fails to compile

Get technical support about the C++ source code and about Lua scripts for maps, entities, GUIs, the console, materials, etc. Also covered are the Cafu libraries and APIs, as well as compiling, linking, and the build system.
nwarner
Linux Ubuntu 9.04 SVN Fails to compile

Post by nwarner » 2010-01-10, 21:41

Trying to compile I get the following error. As I am unfamiliar with scons I need a bit of help here .
bmpg123 -LExtLibs/noise/build/linux2/g++/debug -LExtLibs/noise -LExtLibs/openal-soft/build/linux2/g++/debug -LExtLibs/openal-soft -LExtLibs/zlib/build/linux2/g++/debug -LExtLibs/zlib -LLibs/build/linux2/g++/debug -LLibs -LExtLibs/fmod/api -lSoundSys -lfmod
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfmod
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/SoundSystem/libSoundSysFMOD3.so] Error 1

Regards,

Nigel
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Linux Ubuntu 9.04 SVN Fails to compile

Post by Carsten » 2010-01-10, 23:31

Hi Nigel,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome1:

Please try this patch:

Code: Select all

Index: Libs/SConscript
===================================================================
--- Libs/SConscript     (Revision 39)
+++ Libs/SConscript     (Arbeitskopie)
@@ -206,7 +206,7 @@
 elif sys.platform=="linux2":
     envSoundSys.Append(LINKFLAGS=["Libs/SoundSystem/Common/linker-script"])
     envSoundSys.Append(LIBPATH=['#/ExtLibs/fmod/api'])
-    envSoundSys.Append(LIBS=["SoundSys", "fmod"])
+    envSoundSys.Append(LIBS=["SoundSys", "fmod-3.75"])

if sys.platform!="linux2" or platform.machine()!="x86_64":      # We don't have the FMod libraries for x86_64 platforms...
     envSoundSys.SharedLibrary(
(that is, insert "-3.75" as shown above in file Libs/SConscript).

Please let me know if it works, I'll only tomorrow be at the right machine again in order to test it myself. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
nwarner

Post by nwarner » 2010-01-11, 00:35

Hi Carsten,

That works...now compiles.

However when I try to run CaWE it tells me that libRenderOpenGL12.so is not supported. A hint is given that I need 32 bit colour depth however 32 colour is not supported on X. My display is 24 bit, a GeForce 7000m.

Regards,

Nigel.
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2010-01-11, 12:53

nwarner wrote:However when I try to run CaWE it tells me that libRenderOpenGL12.so is not supported. A hint is given that I need 32 bit colour depth however 32 colour is not supported on X. My display is 24 bit, a GeForce 7000m.
Yes, the message text is from old 16 BPP Windows times, and thus misleading under Linux.

Under Linux, it often indicates a problem with the graphics hardware and/or driver.
  • Can you run glxgears?
  • Does glxinfo indicate GLX Visuals that have 24 or 32 BPP color buffers, 16 BPP (or more) depth buffers "dp th", and 8 BPP (or more ) stencil buffers "st cl"?
  • If you haven't already, it may help to install hardware accelerated drivers from the restricted or multiverse packages, if that is possible on your system.
Best regards,
Carsten
nwarner

Post by nwarner » 2010-01-11, 14:41

Hi Carsten,

I am running a nvidia driver with 1500 FPS on glxgears. I have no problem with other GL applications such as Wings3D and Blender. The error message left on the console tells me that a pure virtual method was called.

Are there any environment variables which need to be set ???

regards,

Nigel
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2010-01-11, 20:06

Ok, thanks for the info, I can reproduce this.
It happens with the release build only, try to use the debug build instead (but it seems that CaWE under Linux suffered from the recent work under Windows only - the GUI after program start is currently not very nice, but should be usable when rearranged).

For now I've filed a ticket for the issue, see http://trac.cafu.de/ticket/3 (also to test the new tracker ;-) ) and will look into it asap. Feel free to comment or augment. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2010-01-13, 00:28

Ok, ticket #3 has been fixed by r41.
:arrow: Please update to svn head, let me know if it works. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
nwarner

Post by nwarner » 2010-02-06, 02:34

Carsten,

Sorry about the long delay but things have been a bit hectic and on top of all that I have had the dreaded swine flu...

I SVN'd a fresh copy from the Cafu head and it compiled without error. However when starting CaWE I get the following error:

CaWE.cmat not found in "./CaWE".

I have tried running the debug version and get in addition to the above error:

FAILED - could not load the library at Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem/libRendererOpenGL12.so

so no joy yet :cry:

Regards,

Nigel
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2010-02-06, 13:23

Hi Nigel,
nwarner wrote:CaWE.cmat not found in "./CaWE".
I have tried running the debug version and get in addition to the above error:
FAILED - could not load the library at Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem/libRendererOpenGL12.so
Did you run the binaries from the proper working directory?
That is, you must be in the top-level Cafu directory in order to run them at the command-line, as described in item 3. at Running the new Programs.
Best regards,
Carsten