Not able to import

Discuss artwork in all of its forms here, from level design to GUI button themes. New MODs planning, work-in-progress and other samples are welcome in this forum as well.
Xenxe
Not able to import

Post by Xenxe » 2010-05-17, 00:23

I have yet to be able to import any models into the cafu world editor

I have been using blender and I have tried a md5 export script and the iwo format

either the world editor says it cannot open

or it opens it but there is nothing there just empty space

or the world editor crashes

So i was wondering if anybody had any tips on importing models into the world editor like what programs you use
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Not able to import

Post by Carsten » 2010-05-17, 01:30

Hi Xenxe,
Xenxe wrote:I have yet to be able to import any models into the cafu world editor
Have you tried as described in the flash tutorial at the very bottom of The New Entity tool (direct link)?
I have been using blender and I have tried a md5 export script and the iwo format
Is iwo a typo for lwo?
Both md5 and lwo should work. Please send me or attach to a reply the files that don't work as described above, I'll then have a look at them.
or the world editor crashes
This would definitively be a bug. If possible, please let me know details to reproduce so that I can fix this. Ideally, please submit a ticket.
So i was wondering if anybody had any tips on importing models into the world editor like what programs you use
Just a note: Currently, the best way to get a model into CaWE is to use a static_detail_model entity as explained in the tutorial above. We are however working on placing models more directly into the maps, such that they are easier to create and more accessible for editing and modifications. (Everything will maintain backwards compatibility of course.)
Best regards,
Carsten
Xenxe

Post by Xenxe » 2010-05-17, 05:38

here are all the files i exported in blender and tried to import into the world editor but got all the various problems described above
Attachments
Models.zip
(6.66KiB)Downloaded 562 times
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2010-05-17, 23:57

Ok, thanks, I'm working on it: http://trac.cafu.de/ticket/26
Feel free to add yourself to the CC list etc. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
Xenxe

Post by Xenxe » 2010-05-18, 02:45

Glad to help :D

and thank you for replying and working on bugs so fast
model3d

Post by model3d » 2013-04-12, 07:41

I saw this and downloaded files Topic and let me in editor without problems.
Your model its a too little :D