Startup Error

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
miyuki_hf
Startup Error

Post by miyuki_hf » 2011-01-01, 22:33

I would first like to say that this engine looks amazing, but now to my problem :). If I try to start Cafu.exe or CaWE.exe, it begins to start, but then states "Could not find a renderer that is supported by your system". There may be something im missed to do. Do I need Blender3d or something to use this engine?

Thanks,
Gregory Resh
Attachments
myerror.jpg
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Startup Error

Post by Carsten » 2011-01-02, 12:01

Hi,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
miyuki_hf wrote:If I try to start Cafu.exe or CaWE.exe, it begins to start, but then states "Could not find a renderer that is supported by your system".
Can you please run Cafu.exe from the command line, and post the results here?
Did you install the latest graphics drivers for your computer? (They must support OpenGL.)
Best regards,
Carsten
miyuki_hf

Post by miyuki_hf » 2011-01-02, 18:23

Since I am new, I believe you mean run from CMD? In CMD, I get an access denied when attempting to run the .exe. Also I have tried both Ca3D-Engine 9.06, and the 2010 bin, getting about the same kind of rendering errors. I am using a Toshiba satellite laptop, running Windows 7 64-bit. I think it was important to also mention I have "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family", and I am not sure if it supports OpenGL.

Thanks,
Gregory Resh
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2011-01-04, 15:27

miyuki_hf wrote:Since I am new, I believe you mean run from CMD?
Yes. Here is a rough outline how it should look like:
D:\Dev\Cafu> Cafu.exe
Cafu Engine, Dec 6 2010
config.lua processed.

Scanning cwd for all available renderers...
Scanning Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem for all available renderers...
Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem/libRendererCgARB1.so ... SUCCESS - first supported renderer (Pref# 2100).
Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem/libRendererNull.so ... SUCCESS - but excluded from auto-selection (Pref# 1).
Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem/libRendererOpenGL12.so ...
Libs/MaterialSystem/RendererOpenGL12/RendererImpl.cpp (92): Entering RendererImplT::IsSupported().
Libs/MaterialSystem/RendererOpenGL12/RendererImpl.cpp (108): GL_VERSION string is "2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.22".
Libs/MaterialSystem/RendererOpenGL12/RendererImpl.cpp (116): GL_ARB_multitexture_AVAIL==1.
SUCCESS - but no higher preference (Pref# 1000).
Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem/libRendererCgNV2X.so ... SUCCESS - but no higher preference (Pref# 2000).
Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem/libRendererARBprogs.so ... SUCCESS - higher preference renderer (Pref# 2200).
Reloading previously auto-selected renderer Libs/build/linux2/g++/debug/MaterialSystem/libRendererARBprogs.so ...
In CMD, I get an access denied when attempting to run the .exe.
This might be the root of the problem, but this is also what I can barely help you with.
Did you extract the zip archive under an administrative account, but try to run the executable as a normal user?
Also I have tried both Ca3D-Engine 9.06, and the 2010 bin, getting about the same kind of rendering errors. I am using a Toshiba satellite laptop, running Windows 7 64-bit. I think it was important to also mention I have "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family", and I am not sure if it supports OpenGL.
This should work (prefer the latest binary release, currently from 2010-12-21).

Please try to figure out the cause of your access denied error, this should fix or at least help with the problem.
Best regards,
Carsten
miyuki_hf

Post by miyuki_hf » 2011-01-04, 20:36

I had my UAC set to off, I returned it too full. I unzipped and ran on an admin account. I know attempted to rerun the .exe (not from command) and it seems like it is opening, but the screen turns all black -.-. When this happens, it will not allow me to ctrl-alt-delete, nor windows key out. I had to hard reset my laptop. I will attempt to try CMD again, and if all else fails I will be formating my pc :o. I believe when I format everything should work fine (even the access denied). I will get back to you with my results.