Connection to the Player Model Joints

Get technical support about the C++ source code and about Lua scripts for maps, entities, GUIs, the console, materials, etc. Also covered are the Cafu libraries and APIs, as well as compiling, linking, and the build system.
volto
Connection to the Player Model Joints

Post by volto » 2011-01-23, 11:12

I have a little Question is it Posibile to get an set the (x,y,z) Joints of the Player Model (Then is it Posible aviable to Use the Kinect in the Games or making new Moves of the Players by creating a LUA file, ...)?

I think thats is Logical a solution of doing this in the MOD but i dont find any traces of the Joints in the currient Headers, only the way of moving the Player by setting the Mouse Motions and the Key Actions...

I hope ther are posibilitis...

MfG volto
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Connection to the Player Model Joints

Post by Carsten » 2011-01-23, 12:58

volto wrote:I have a little Question is it Posibile to get an set the (x,y,z) Joints of the Player Model (Then is it Posible aviable to Use the Kinect in the Games or making new Moves of the Players by creating a LUA file, ...)?
Sorry, I don't understand the question, and what exactly you want to achieve?
Best regards,
Carsten
volto

Post by volto » 2011-01-23, 16:44

Excuse my bad English
I have a Kinect (XBox 360). With help from the driver OpenNI it is possible the positions of the joints of the people to determine the 3D space. Now I wanted to ask whether it is possible to pass this data Cafu?
Another possibility arises from the fact that one could import about LUA new movements, such as waving or bowing.
But, I have found in the sample program found no evidence that allows this.
(Google Translator)
Or at last is a API more or less like the Javadocs aviable?

MfG volto
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2011-01-23, 20:43

volto wrote:I have a Kinect (XBox 360). With help from the driver OpenNI it is possible the positions of the joints of the people to determine the 3D space. Now I wanted to ask whether it is possible to pass this data Cafu?
Ahh, I see! :-)
Yes, this sounds like a very interesting idea!

The skeleton joints of the models are normally not directly available, as their positions are - normally - controlled via pre-made animations.
However, it would of course be possible to change the source code to work together with the Kinect API! :up:

As we are currently working on significant improvements to the Cafu Model code, this would be a good opportunity to, for example, integrate this functionality both with the new Model Editor, as well as for player control.
With the new model code in mind, http://trac.cafu.de/browser/cafu/trunk/ ... l_cmdl.hpp its the right starting point for integration with Kinect.
Another possibility arises from the fact that one could import about LUA new movements, such as waving or bowing.
But, I have found in the sample program found no evidence that allows this.
(Google Translator)
Or at last is a API more or less like the Javadocs aviable?
Regarding the API, the above mentioned file (and other related files in the same directory) are the right start. There is no explicit online documentation available at this time, but I hope that the source code comments are sufficient to get you started.

If you'd be interested in helping with adding Kinect API support, please let me know, I'd be happy to work with you!
Best regards,
Carsten