This Engine good for Zelda?

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
User avatar
Saniro
Posts: 21
Joined: 2011-01-23, 04:58
Location: U.S.

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Saniro » 2011-01-25, 01:12

Carsten wrote:
Saniro wrote:Hey can I get a link for an OpenGL download? (+carsten, might wanna edit requirements, I run Cafu just fine with 512 MB of RAM)
It's nice to hear that it works with 512 MB RAM as well, but you'll probably have difficulties to open the large TechDemo map. ;-)

If you can run Cafu, you also have OpenGL installed already - under Windows, the OpenGL implementations come with the graphics drivers, so you're likely set and done regarding OpenGL. :-)
OpenGL developer files (headers and link libraries) ship with the platform SDK, which is usually installed with the (Visual Studio) compilers.
Yeah I pretty much figured out the opengl, but Im having problems as you can see with the source code, I checked it out with svn under command prompt, it finished (after a long process) do i have to check out another file with SVN? :?
At first I thought the problem I had, was due to opengl, but Now ik it isnt, Cant run application files such as modelviewer, terrainveiwer, and other CAtools. :?:
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2160
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Carsten » 2011-01-25, 01:19

Scorphame wrote:Did you use the source code... if you used it you must copy the .exe to the main folder of cafu.
[...]
Because the libraries are in the main folder... I had the same problem the first time that was the solution.
While that is a correct solution, let me mention another one (the one I usually and preferably use):
You can also run the binaries from the topmost directory directly, just specify their path. This is explained at point 3. of section Running the new Programs in greater detail. ;-)
Best regards,
Carsten
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2160
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Carsten » 2011-01-25, 01:28

Saniro wrote:Yeah I pretty much figured out the opengl, but Im having problems as you can see with the source code, I checked it out with svn under command prompt, it finished (after a long process) do i have to check out another file with SVN? :?
At first I thought the problem I had, was due to opengl, but Now ik it isnt, Cant run application files such as modelviewer, terrainveiwer, and other CAtools. :?:
Well, I'm a bit unsure about what you want to achieve in the first place:
If you want to get started with the binaries, you should be able to use those that come with the r210 binary release package.
If you want to compile the source code, which of the steps at Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code are you having trouble with?
Best regards,
Carsten
User avatar
Saniro
Posts: 21
Joined: 2011-01-23, 04:58
Location: U.S.

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Saniro » 2011-01-25, 01:37

Carsten wrote:
Saniro wrote:Yeah I pretty much figured out the opengl, but Im having problems as you can see with the source code, I checked it out with svn under command prompt, it finished (after a long process) do i have to check out another file with SVN? :?
At first I thought the problem I had, was due to opengl, but Now ik it isnt, Cant run application files such as modelviewer, terrainveiwer, and other CAtools. :?:
Well, I'm a bit unsure about what you want to achieve in the first place:
If you want to get started with the binaries, you should be able to use those that come with the r210 binary release package.
If you want to compile the source code, which of the steps at Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code are you having trouble with?
Are the caTools needed to make the game? or just add-ons, Im assuming they are addons. If they arent needed then, Im fine.
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2160
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Carsten » 2011-01-25, 01:52

Saniro wrote:Are the caTools needed to make the game? or just add-ons, Im assuming they are addons. If they arent needed then, Im fine.
You normally don't need them:
Those that you need are automatically run by the map editor CaWE for you.

(This is explained in the Your First Map tutorial (recommended!), and in greater detail in the Compiling Maps for Cafu documentation.)
Best regards,
Carsten
User avatar
Saniro
Posts: 21
Joined: 2011-01-23, 04:58
Location: U.S.

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Saniro » 2011-01-25, 02:02

Ok, also I found a good model creating software, its called meshcreator.

Link to my post: http://www.cafu.de/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 4240#p4240
User avatar
Scorphame
Posts: 60
Joined: 2010-09-02, 03:39
Location: Chillan Chile
Contact:

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Scorphame » 2011-01-27, 17:51

I have very low FPS (Arroun 15-25) when I play Tech Demo Map with my PC 2.8GHZ Intel Celeron 2GB of Ram and 256 Video Card Nvidia Geforce 7050. Even in my own map I have 5 to 10FPS
Simón Carreño AKA Scorphame.
Leader & Game Designer at HeXentic Games
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2160
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Carsten » 2011-01-27, 20:41

Scorphame wrote:I have very low FPS (Arroun 15-25) when I play Tech Demo Map with my PC 2.8GHZ Intel Celeron 2GB of Ram and 256 Video Card Nvidia Geforce 7050. Even in my own map I have 5 to 10FPS
Is this a question?
Best regards,
Carsten
User avatar
Scorphame
Posts: 60
Joined: 2010-09-02, 03:39
Location: Chillan Chile
Contact:

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Scorphame » 2011-02-09, 20:55

no, just I said the requeriments are a little realtive. I heard about people has 60FPS with 512 MB of ram... others with 1.5GHZ of CPU, others with 128MB GPU.

Now I have my computer upgraded with 2.33GHZ(per core) Intel core 2 duo, 2GB of RAM, 1GB of video (nvidia gt220c) and the engine now runs 80FPS in the Tech Demo
Simón Carreño AKA Scorphame.
Leader & Game Designer at HeXentic Games
User avatar
Carsten
Site Admin
Posts: 2160
Joined: 2004-08-19, 13:46
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: This Engine good for Zelda?

Post by Carsten » 2011-02-10, 01:28

Ah, sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the clarification and additional info! :-)
Best regards,
Carsten
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests