Warning: Unable to open file config_p.lua.

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
MightyMat
Warning: Unable to open file config_p.lua.

Post by MightyMat » 2011-07-11, 14:44

Hi! I finally managed to install and run Cafu (I've been trying since yesterday :oops: ), but now I get this error just before it starts and I don't know how to fix it -or what it even means, for that matter. Config_p.lua is definitely present in the top-level Cafu directory, so... is it supposed to be somewhere else? I don't know. I don't care much about the resolution problem, but it came up at the same time, so I included it since maybe it could be somehow related?
Attachments
nooo.jpg
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Warning: Unable to open file config_p.lua.

Post by Carsten » 2011-07-11, 16:52

Hi MightyMat,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

It's just a warning, not an error, caused by the fact that the very first time that you run Cafu, file config_p.lua does not yet exist. When Cafu runs and quits, it writes the current settings into config_p.lua for re-using them on the next program start, which will then find the file and not issue the warning again.

The dialog box is often seen on Linux systems, where the screen resolution cannot easily be changed by an application program. Just follow the advice mentioned there, e.g. press F11 in order to toggle full-screen mode.
:up:

(Btw., using sudo is not required for running the Cafu executables.)
Best regards,
Carsten
MightyMat

Re: Warning: Unable to open file config_p.lua.

Post by MightyMat » 2011-07-11, 21:57

Carsten wrote: It's just a warning, not an error, caused by the fact that the very first time that you run Cafu, file config_p.lua does not yet exist. When Cafu runs and quits, it writes the current settings into config_p.lua for re-using them on the next program start, which will then find the file and not issue the warning again.
Well, that makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up. :)
Carsten wrote: The dialog box is often seen on Linux systems, where the screen resolution cannot easily be changed by an application program. Just follow the advice mentioned
there, e.g. press F11 in order to toggle full-screen mode.
Yeah, it's just a minor annoyance. I wasn't sure whether it had anything to do with the other "error".