How much are we talking for a commercial licence?

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
Golden
How much are we talking for a commercial licence?

Post by Golden » 2012-08-31, 11:04

Hi-

I am (potentially) interested in trying out the Cafu engine for my next commercial indie game project. I was wondering though, what kind of numbers are we talking about for a commercial licence for a small team who doesn't want to give up any percentage of profit?
Scorphame

Re: How much are we talking for a commercial licence?

Post by Scorphame » 2012-08-31, 15:58

Golden wrote:Hi-

I am (potentially) interested in trying out the Cafu engine for my next commercial indie game project. I was wondering though, what kind of numbers are we talking about for a commercial licence for a small team who doesn't want to give up any percentage of profit?
I guess you should [url=mailto:info@cafu.de]email carsten?[/url]directly in order to ask about that...
Simón Carreño AKA Scorphame.
Leader & Game Designer at HeXentic Games
HWGuy

Post by HWGuy » 2012-08-31, 19:48

Carsten does 1-time fee or commission, and you could make an OSS game since Cafu is GPL'd.

You'll get a lot of support from him and with full source access anything is possible.
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2012-09-01, 01:12

Hi Golden,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

As has been pointed out above, Cafu and Dual-Licensing provides an overview of the licensing options.
I'll also contact you via PM in a minute with additional details to your question.
Best regards,
Carsten