Did not find CompilerSetup.py or CompilerSetup.py.tmpl

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
skyfall
Did not find CompilerSetup.py or CompilerSetup.py.tmpl

Post by skyfall » 2013-11-20, 09:48

Hello everyone, I am a college student. After I uncompressed this file named "Cafu-12.05-win32.zip", I did not find CompilerSetup.py or CompilerSetup.py.tmpl in the target directory。So when I type "scons" in the command prompt, I got this:

Code: Select all

F:\GameEngine\Cafu>scons

scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File "D:\Python27\Scripts\..\Lib\site-packages\scons-2.3.0\SCons\Script\Main.py"
, line 905, in _main
Please help me ^_^
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Did not find CompilerSetup.py or CompilerSetup.py.tmpl

Post by Carsten » 2013-11-21, 14:46

Hi skyfall,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:

It seems like you have downloaded a binary release of Cafu, the May 2012 demo. This release contains ready-made executables, but no source code. (Note how it complains about the missing SConstruct file, not about CompilerSetup.py.)

Please have a look at the source code releases as explained at the top of the Downloads page. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
skyfall

Post by skyfall » 2013-11-21, 16:28

Carsten wrote:Hi skyfall,

It seems like you have downloaded a binary release of Cafu, the May 2012 demo. This release contains ready-made executables, but no source code. (Note how it complains about the missing SConstruct file, not about CompilerSetup.py.)

Please have a look at the source code releases as explained at the top of the Downloads page. :up:
Thank you very much :D
Jillinger

Post by Jillinger » 2014-06-03, 04:55

I'm sorry. I am quite lost.
I have the same problem.

scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File "C:\Python27\Scripts\..\Lib\site-packages\scons-2.3.0\SCons\Script\Main.py"
, line 905, in _main

However, I am not sure which file I should now download. Also, I'm wondering if the file I created with the 'demo' version (Cafu-12.05-win32) will run on the version I will now install.
I am using windows 8 on a 64 bit.
Should I install Cafu Engine r611 for Windows or Cafu Source Code Release 502 for Windows from http://www.moddb.com/engines/cafu-engine/downloads
Thanks
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2014-06-03, 13:55

Hi Jillinger,

I'm not sure if I understand your question: Do you want to download the latest binary release, or do you want to compile the Cafu Engine from source code yourself?

In any case, I recommend you look at our official Downloads page for the latest downloads.

One more question: Please start a new thread for a new question of yours, don't revive a thread that was done several months ago. I'll close this thread now, but please don't hesitate to create a new, separate thread for your question(s) (possibly linking to this one, if this is in fact related). :up:
Best regards,
Carsten