List "GameLibs" in file CompilerSetup.py is empty

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
ScatterBox
List "GameLibs" in file CompilerSetup.py is empty

Post by ScatterBox » 2014-07-30, 19:06

Hello, after a few hours of fixing errors with setting up everything I finally managed to get the engine to compile. :D

I am using VS 10.0 and am on Windows 7 64 bit. Whenever I open up the compiled exe in "\Desktop\Cafu\build\win32\vc10\x86\debug\Ca3DE" it crashes saying "List "GameLibs" in file CompilerSetup.py is empty" :o

I also tried moving everything to the top level of "Cafu" folder and it still gave me that error.

In CompilerSetup.py I added this to the end, "GameLibs = ["DeathMatch"]", recompiled, and it still continued to give me that error.

I was hesitating to post this as I would have like to have figured it out myself, but that isn't happening.. :P

Thanks for any help!
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: List "GameLibs" in file CompilerSetup.py is empty

Post by Carsten » 2014-07-30, 22:20

Hi ScatterBox,
welcome to the Cafu forums! :welcome:
ScatterBox wrote:Hello, after a few hours of fixing errors with setting up everything I finally managed to get the engine to compile. :D
Is there any problem with the instructions at Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code?
If so, please let me know so that it can be fixed!
I am using VS 10.0 and am on Windows 7 64 bit. Whenever I open up the compiled exe in "\Desktop\Cafu\build\win32\vc10\x86\debug\Ca3DE" it crashes saying "List "GameLibs" in file CompilerSetup.py is empty" :o
Can you please tell which revision or version of the Cafu source code you're compiling? (Are you using Git?)

Oh, and did you double-click on Cafu.exe in Windows Explorer?
Then you may see a problem with the wrong working directory. Does it work as described at Getting Started with the Cafu Source Code?

Also see http://trac.cafu.de/ticket/141 for additional details.
I also tried moving everything to the top level of "Cafu" folder and it still gave me that error.
With everything you mean the Cafu.exe file?
I was hesitating to post this as I would have like to have figured it out myself, but that isn't happening.. :P

Thanks for any help!
No need to hesitate, the main reason for the existence of the forums is to have a place where questions can be posted! :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
ScatterBox

Re: List "GameLibs" in file CompilerSetup.py is empty

Post by ScatterBox » 2014-07-30, 23:40

I am using the newest revision of Cafu from the github.

The problem was fixed after I moved the .exe to the actual top of Cafu (before I had it in Cafu/CA3DE lol) I must have read the instructions at the "Getting started" page wrong, as when I went back and looked again they were on point.

Thanks for the help! :)