Fonts not showing up?

Get help with installing and running the Cafu Engine here. This forum is also for general questions and discussion of all aspects regarding the Cafu Engine.
V-Rage
Fonts not showing up?

Post by V-Rage » 2009-04-24, 08:19

I just downloaded a fresh copy of Ca3D, and ran the demo. I use Windows Vista , but I'm not able to see text/font on any of the GUI buttons. I'm pretty sure my system meets most of ca3D's requirments . Any help would be appreciated.

-V-Rage
Carsten
Site Admin

Re: Fonts not showing up?

Post by Carsten » 2009-04-24, 10:16

Dear V-Rage,
welcome to the Ca3DE forums! :welcome:

Please check the following:
  • When the downloaded .zip file was installed (extracted), did your extraction software create proper subdirectories? Some unzip software (usually older versions or ones with unusual setup) extract all files "flat" into the main subdirectory. When all is right, you should have a folder structure like this:

Code: Select all

Ca3DE-8.09
        Fonts
            Arial
            Impact
        Games

If it is not like this, please try to unzip the downloaded file again.
    (Ca3DE cannot directly be started from within the .zip file, even though WinVista displays .zip files just as regular folders. Physically extracting the .zip file with properly preserved folder structure is required.)
  • How did you start the Ca3DE.exe? When started, the programs "working directory" must be the one the exe is in, e.g. C:\...\Desktop\Ca3DE-8.09
    When Ca3DE.exe is double-clicked with the mouse in the Windows-Explorer, Windows gets this automatically right, but when you use links or scripts, extra care for this item may be required.
  • If the above is right, what graphics board and driver do you have? Do you have the latest drivers installed?
Please let me know if any of this helps. If it doesn't, we will look more closely into it. :up:
Best regards,
Carsten
V-Rage

Post by V-Rage » 2009-04-25, 08:48

thank you Carsten.
I just re-extracted it, and it went fine, the problem was with an interuption in the extraction process.
wow, this engine is sweet. we're using it to make a game aswell.

you can visit us at www.aftershockdev.net
sign up at the forums if you get time, and yeah, we'll keep you updated. thank you for this amazing engine. :D
Carsten
Site Admin

Post by Carsten » 2009-04-25, 10:36

Hi V-Rage, thanks for the feed-back, great to hear that it works now,
and thanks for the link to your website! :-)
Whenever you have questions, just let us know!
Best regards,
Carsten